And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Monday, April 17, 2006
The Very Eventful Weekend
Friday
Woke up at 5.40am and left my place at 6.00am for home sweet home...couldn't believe the crowd at the customs. So many people like travelling with me lah. Tsk tsk tsk. Hehe. Finally got to Larkin and caught the 8am bus back to Kluang.

Went to the stadium with mum and jie and Jo...watched Jem run. It was 4x100m relay, finals. Her team got 4th. I think Jem ran very well. She was the 3rd runner and caught up real quick...

Helped Jo with deco before lunch for new youth centre opening...Jit and Ryan were there as well. Jit was bombarding me with questions. Not unusual. Haha...

After lunch, went back to the stadium with mum, dad and Jo. Watched Jem and Pris run 4x200m relay, semifinals. Both teams got into finals...Jem and Pris ran beautifully. They've got style, attitude and speed. Nice =) I love seeing them in action.

Had Good Friday service at night. Dad spoke.

Saturday
Went to the stadium at 8am plus to watch Jem in action again...long jump this time. She got gold, with a distance of 4.49m. EXCELLENT for a twelve year old girl. I am so very proud of her!! =)

While waiting for her to get her medal, the unexpected happened...we found out that Pris' team was actually disqualified for the 4x200m relay finals. They gave some funny reason, saying that one of the girls didn't pass the baton within the "box"...and then Jo announced that she recorded the event with the camcorder. Dad and mum got all excited...went to tell one of the coaches. He got excited too...they all went to the officials to make a protest. They didn't even want to look at it. But it was all there!!! The baton was passed ngam ngam within the box. We played back the video again and again...and no, we are not blind.

Dad was so daring...he had to make sure justice outstood injustice. And I think that is what makes him different from many people...especially people who don't stand for what they believe is right. He was so persistent, trying to persuade them to at least view the recorded event. Unfortunately, to no avail. Sigh...I wish I could clobber their heads. Erghh...geram. Pris was quite upset that she couldn't get to run. I know she was disappointed...she had been training hard for it.

To Pris: I know you are upset that you didn't get to run the 4x200m finals. It was very unfair...but just remember this...that Daddy is one who will fight for what is good and right, and we know that he was doing it for you, too, and the Kluang team. You are an excellent athlete, gifted with excellent brains as well, and I pray that you will use your talents to the max. Don't be so kan-cheong about what would happen next year, okie? The Form 5 thing and sports and all. Just use what you've been given, or it will be taken away from you. I am very proud of you, Pris...keep up the good work. I love you very much.

To Jem: I am so, so proud of you, Jem...you have been blessed with this talent and you are making full use of it. But remember that it is from God alone, and all glory should be given back to Him alone, yah...use your talents wisely. You are one great athlete. May you get more medals in MSSM =) I will be waiting to hear more stories...hehe. I love you very much, too.

After some lunch and rest, we went for the new youth centre opening. Dad, again, was speaking. Good message...it was about daring to be different. And I think that Dad doesn't only speak about it...he lives it out. He's a great example to follow, really.

After that, we had family dinner...went to Herbs & Spices.

Sunday
Went to church in the morning...had breakfast. Then jie asked me if I wanted to go to KL. I was trying my best to decide as fast as I could. Haha. So in the end I went...with jie, Jae Son and Jit. Got loads and loads and loads of teasings on the way from all three...especially Jit. He just likes to kacau me lah, I don't know why.

Got to KL, fetched jiejie Li Poh, and we had lunch with Jae Son's parents. Then we walked around a little and headed off to IKEA. Supposed to leave KL by 5.30pm...but as typical Kluangites, we ended up having dinner with the Chengs again, and left around 9.00pm after loading some furniture for Jit and jiejie Li Poh's new house.

Alas, just as I thought we were finally going home, there was a great big jam near Pagoh. An accident between two huge lorries. Gahh!!!!! When we got home, it was already 1.00am...sigh...

Please, remind me not to do this kind of thingy again...especially if it's a one day trip and I have work the next day...IN SINGAPORE.

Monday
Woke at 6.20am...caught the 7.00am bus to Larkin. There was a jam at the causeway. I tell you...this kind of thing creates stress for me lah. Arghh. To top it all off, there was a great long queue at the Singapore customs, too.

Good thing there are such things called cabs...and may God bless cab drivers. I got to work in time. Phew...

Stress, stress, stress...

Post a Comment