And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Monday, April 30, 2007
twenty-one
It was 12am.

They found me in my pajamas, lying on my tummy with Jo perched on my butt, giving me a massage. They sang "Happy Birthday", with a one-pound cake held in front of me. They are: my family, Merv, Isaac, and Mich.

We sat in the kitchen around the dining table. We ate cake. We talked. We laughed. We joked (about the fridge. And our teachers. Haha). We laughed somemore. We made noise. And laughed somemore. =)

I had to work today. But it was okay. It was good, in fact...my patient made me laugh. She's so darn cute...she thought she had accidently thrown her dentures into the trash bin in the toilet. I walked her there and both of us stuck our hands into the trash bin, trying to look for her dentures.

We didn't find it...washed our hands and I walked her back to her bed. She was upset...because dentures aren't cheap. I told her I would look for her again...then I asked her if she's sure she isn't wearing it.

She opened her mouth and...TADA! It was there! The whole cubicle of patients and I laughed...it was really funny! =) And the best thing is, my patient laughed at herself...so cute lah...

Sangeetha and Zul came by to have break with me. =) They got me TWO slices of cake...in attempts of fattening me up, you see. Haha...good. I need to get back the two kilograms lost.

David called from Melbourne. Thilaga and Vickee texted from I-don't-know-which-parts-of-the-world. Jit, Ryan, Tien Li, Sangeetha, Chin Fang, Sheran, Xuanie, Sunny, Rui Xue, Shan Na texted too. Jamie wished me yesterday. Haha...

I think as I grow older, birthdays carry a different meaning altogether (for me)...its a celebration of a person's existence. And I'm comfortable and more than glad to have the people I love, around. Doesn't have to be many...I don't even need the gifts. I'm just glad that you, who thought of me, remembered when I was born. Regardless of whether it was coming over to see me, or calling me on the phone, or just sms-ing me.

So that was how I turned twenty-one. =) Thank YOU, all of you!

Post a Comment