And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Friday, March 30, 2007
Aging
I think elderly people are rather cute...

There was this elderly lady who had come to visit her husband today...it was around 8.00am, and usually we nurses make patients' beds at that hour. So she, being the loving and helpful wife that she is, sat her husband out of bed and started making his bed. She piled his three pillows onto his lap, stripped the blanket off the bed and added it to the pile...you should have seen the uncle's face lah! He was like, peeking over the edge of the huge pile on his lap. I was laughing...okie, I'm pretty sure you don't really get what I mean. It's alright. But you should have been there!

Later during the day, two elderly lady were going for physiotherapy...one was supposed to walk, the other in a wheelchair. To kill two birds with one stone, the physiotherapist made the one who was walking, push the wheelchair with the other lady on it. They looked so sweet! =) I don't know how to tell you what the feeling's like, seeing them like that...

I like elderly people. Haha...you know, when people get old, they become more like children again...despite the wrinkles and deep lines on their foreheads.

But I heard this young lady today; she had come to visit her father and it was lunch time. She talked to him like he was a kindergarten kid!! Gosh...things like, "Wah, very good, you finished your food! So clever ar..." and "Nice or not the food? No ar? Then you finished it still?" And she was speaking in Hokkien, so can you just imagine...in THAT tone some more. Man...I cannot see myself talking to my parents like that next time! I will not!!

Post a Comment