And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Friday, June 02, 2006
The JOY of the Lord is my strength
Did you know that something actually happens in the spiritual realm when you say, "I give up Lord...take all of me"? Yeah...something does happen. You begin to have peace of mind. You begin to praise and worship God for His awesome-ness and majesty. You begin to have this joy that's welling up within you, and you know that it's from the Lord.

Today my patient spat in my face. I didn't annoy her, really!! I was feeding her milo, one scoop by one scoop...then suddenly she "puih'ed"...and milo splattered all over. I was so shocked. That wasn't the only thing she did. I would be feeding her and then she would scream her lungs out all of a sudden. I practically jumped in fright...scary, man. She did it a few times. Wonder how the other patients are gonna sleep tonight...

She's a patient from the mental hospital lah...that's why.

I've nursed many kinds of patients before...had one ah pek trying to get his hands under my skirt (another mental patient. I scolded him nicely...), had another one who went, "Missy, missy...nyanyikan lagu lah. Saya mau tidur...sing Chinese song also can lah". Me??? Chinese song?? Hahaha...I ended up singing one of the Christmas carols!! O Little Town of Bethlehem, I think... =P

Had yet another one who tried stranggling himself in front of me. *I'm sorry, uncle...I'm a nurse, I won't let you die*

So many kinds of patients lah...some irritating, some grumpy, some moody, some real, REAL fussy they get on my nerves. Others, just sweet and grateful that they are taken care of. Ahh...the life of a nurse =) I don't regret taking up this course. It's hard work, of course...

*I've never felt so ready for my case study presentation before...presented it yesterday to my lecturer. And she had to comment so much. Ish. But then again, she comments on almost everything. Oh sigh. Nevermind.

Post a Comment