And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Friday, May 19, 2006
My week
It has been...HOT. I don't remember afternoon shifts being so hot. Sigh...and I walk around the ward doing my work in such stickiness...yucks. Today has been quite eventful...and not to forget, tiring as well (surprise, surprise).

I was feeding this old uncle with the NG tube (naso-gastric tube - it's this tube which is inserted into one of the nostrils, and it goes down, all the way into your stomach)...and suddenly he got violent. For no ultimate reason. So scary, man...he started struggling and pulling the NG tube. I was alone with him behind curtains, so I pressed the call bell. Thank God someone came to my rescue quick enough.

Ohh...and another old uncle kept vomitting...poor thing. I did lots of changing today...as in, changing patients. Which involves wiping backsides, cleaning up diapers, cleaning up the patient, etc. I have already become immuned to the smells lah. Hehe.

All in all, it was a pretty draggy week...except for one day where I felt a sense of achievement because I got to insert an NG tube for a patient. Hehe. I know, I know...it doesn't mean much to most of you peeps, but hahah. Oh, nevermind =)

Good night, world...me weekend has just begun!

Post a Comment