And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Monday, July 31, 2006
imPERFECT
I wanted it.....I got it.....but I screwed it.

Sigh.

Had my skills assessment today...we were told we would be assessed on one of the four skills we've learnt. So fine...but I was hoping I would get a surgical hand-scrubbing scenario. Well, I got it. Imagine how elated I was.

Everything was PERFECT. Except......for one minute mistake. I ACCIDENTLY touched the part of the hand-towel which I had already used to wipe my hand. That's it. The lecturer assessing me gave me a look...so I explained to her that if such a thing happened in real life, I would scrub my hands all over again. She nodded her head.

But she failed me. My heart just sank when I saw her circle the word "FAIL". She did tell me, though, that my hand-scrub was good...I just hope she didn't say that to make me feel better about my failure (because I felt real idiotic for making such a small mistake). Of all lecturers to assess me, I had to get the Director of Nursing. I initially felt that she could have been a little more lenient...but then again, she has every right to fail me. A mistake, after all (and as much as I hate it), is still a mistake.

Sighnesssss........now I'll have to go for the second attempt.

But I thank God for my wonderful lecturer who was really, really encouraging, and for my friends: Sangeetha, Sheran, Yu Xuan, Chin Fang, Candy, Sunny, and Zul for trying to cheer me up (thanks, guys). And also for jiejie Eunice and Jo, for telling me that it's alright.

Yea, I'm upset...but it's time to move on. As Zul said, there's always a first time for everything (in my case, it's failing a skill assessment).

No matter what, I HAVE TO PASS MY SECOND ATTEMPT!!!!!

Post a Comment