And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Wednesday, June 13, 2007
When I was just a little girl...
I didn't ask my mother what I would be when I grew up; neither did I ask her whether I would be pretty, or rich...and she never answered, "Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see." Clearly, because I never asked those questions...

But when I was young, I had a problem...I couldn't see myself in any other way than being ugly, useless, good-for-nothing, worthless, and everything yucky.

So I had one single goal: to be the best-est daughter among my sisters (they don't know this...well, no one else knows it either, for that matter. So when you people read this, it might be a sudden revelation to you, haha) to my parents.

I worked hard...I didn't shout back to my parents, I didn't slam doors, I did my share of the household chores, I even did extra chores if there were (but of course, my sisters never realized it), and I studied like I should. All just to prove my worth.

But I never got what I wanted: to be shown extra favour. My parents love us all the same (and I'm glad they do).

Yet through that painful journey of discovering myself, I found something else...something much more precious than life itself. I found my worth in Christ.

When I began to see myself in God's eyes, my whole world changed. I didn't just do my share in the home and behaved myself because I wanted attention...but because God's love compelled me to be my very best.

I am still compelled to be and to give my very best for the One who loves me so, the One who has set me free, the One who turned my world upside down.

Well, no one ever said upside down was always bad... ;)
Just don't see it the world's way. =)

Excellent, Ly! Simply excellent!

Btw, upside down is rightside up.  

_____________________

Rightside up...hmmm. I like it. =)  

_____________________

You've never heard the phrase "rightside up" before?  

_____________________

Ly, you're loved. I love you very much.  

_____________________

Ryan: Heard of it before, but suddenly realize I like it. Haha! =P

Jiejie: Thank you...I love you too! =)  

_____________________

Post a Comment