And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Saturday, April 29, 2006
My encounter with my God
Have you ever wondered what you'd be like now, if you've never encountered Jesus?

I can still remember my very first encounter with Him (there were many encounters after that, and many more to come, but the very first was a start of my relationship and journey with Him)...although I was born into a Christian family, to Christian parents, and said the sinner's prayer when I was real young, I personally experienced Him only when I was much older...12 or 13 years old.

It was through a song which God spoke to me. I remember so clearly being touched and being brought to tears. The experience can't be described with words...but boy, wasn't I glad that God got my attention. Because I was such a...mess (maybe you wouldn't call it a mess, but I felt I was lah). I felt so little all the time, and I constantly looked down on everything about me and everything I did. I found fault with myself all the time...nothing I did was ever right. And I can tell you, these kind of stuff leaves you feeling real, REAL lousy.

It's so amazing how God speaks sometimes...the words of the two verses from this song ministered to me very deeply (it still does, even to this day):

Nobody knows how weak I am
Better than You
Nobody sees all of my needs
Better than You
And nobody has the power
To change me, to what I was born to be
Jesus, be strong in my weakness
Empower me

Empower me, like a rushing river
Flowing to the sea
Lord, send Your Holy Spirit
Flowing out through me
'Til I'm living as Your child
Victorious and free
Send the power of Your love
Empower me

Nobody's eyes see through my soul
Better than You
Nobody's love can make me whole
No love but Yours
And nobody has the power
To lift me to reach for eternity
Jesus, break through all my defences
Empower me

It still amazes me that God has called me to be His own...I mean, who am I? He's so BIG and I am so little. But that's why His strength is seen in my weaknesses. Once you've met Him, your life will never be the same.

I am so glad that I have encountered my God. Have you?

can you help? i need the song empower me. any chance of sending a WMA file of it to diana88@126.com?  

_____________________

Post a Comment