And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, July 02, 2006
One pure and holy passion
Okie...CSI: New York's showing on AXN now and I'm here instead. What happened?? Well...simply because I chose sleep over CSI. Haha...and when I decided to wake up, Dad's music was on...is still on. So...I decided that I'll skip CSI today. Just for today...

I'm going back to Singapore later in the evening...school's starting again tomorrow. And I'm anticipating a GREAT and FRUITFUL final year in my nursing course. How time flies...it feels like I've just left for Singapore. And I'll be graduating next year!!

*Oh Lord, I have a prayer burning within me. As I go back to school and begin my final year, I ask that You'll please, bless my whole school year and may Your favour rest upon me. May I be so caught up in the passion of knowing You and rediscovering Your goodness and faithfulness once again...let me be so in love with You...

Give me one pure and holy passion,
Give me one magnificent obsession,
Give me one glorious ambition for my life,
To know and follow hard after You.

To know and follow hard after You,
To grow as Your disciple in Your truth,
This world is empty, pale and poor,
Compared to knowing You, my Lord,
Lead me on and I will run after You,
Lead me on and I will run after You.
(by Mark Altrogge)

And let it not stop there, Lord...let this passion for You burn till the day I breathe my last breath. Let it be unquenchable...let it not be taken away by feelings, nor circumstances, nor people around me. Let it burn so bright and let it bring glory to You and You alone.

I don't want to be pulled down by circumstances that may come my way...I don't want to be pulled down by friends who may jeer at me and "make it difficult" for me, just because I stand up for my beliefs and for what I love. I want to stand up for You, and come out of my trials and tribulations stronger than before.

This is my prayer, Lord: Please bless my final school year, and use me to whatever extent that You want to, to bring blessing to other lives. Give me a heart of love for others...in Jesus' name I ask all these. AMEN.

Yours alone,
Ly

Post a Comment