And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, December 31, 2006
Dear Lord...
Another year has gone by...how time flies. As I reflect upon this year, I realize I've learnt many things along the way and it has been a wonderful year, a journey of lessons, ups and downs...thank You for being there. You do not fail me, You do not disappoint me...

There were times when I felt like life on earth could go on forever, when things seemed to be going my way...there were times when I dreaded waking up in the morning to face the day...and reality. But for those times, I thank You...because when I found myself in desert places, You brought me to streams of living water. The good memories I will not forget...the Giver of those good times, I will not forget either.

Thank You for my wonderful family...for Dad who works so diligently, for Mum who cares for our well-being at home, for my four sisters (who sometimes drive me crazy...like when they came back from a shopping trip the other day, and I was sleeping, and they kept honking the Daihatsu honk which sounds like the Road Runner, and it was IRRITATING TO THE VERY CORE, and I had to open the gate for them, and when they entered the house, I couldn't go back to sleep anymore because they were walking around the house in newly-purchased squeaky shoes and singing the Odl-lay-hee-hoo song and making sooooo much noise). But yeah...they help me remain patient. And they bring much laughter and joy, too...there is not a time when we were laughing our butts off, did I wish I was somewhere else... =)

I thank You for friends who share their lives and stories and lessons with me, who encourage me when I feel absolutely lousy, who make the effort to say thank you and sorry...friends are one of Your greatest ways of showing that You love me...

If there's one thing I'll never forget which I've learnt throughout this year, it would be Your faithfulness. I remembered praying somewhere early this year that You'll show me Your faithfulness and goodness...I've seen it come to pass and I know for sure that You are there when all else fails, when silence seem to speak louder than anything else, when tears drown all the joy I ever had.

And as the new year comes, please Lord, walk with me...and help me fix my eyes on You because when I do that, the things of the earth will go strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace.

.......................................................................................

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MERVIN MENON!!!

Sorry, couldn't find a nice picture to put up lah (he always says he looks bad in pictures and I beg to differ). Merv turns twenty-one today...we both go a looooong way back. I've known him since I was probably four and he was five, when we were living in the same neighbourhood, and we went to kindergarten together on the same school bus. =)

To Merv: You've been a blessing to me...may you have manymanymany more fruitful years ahead of you, filled with God's richest blessings!

Post a Comment