And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tea, girls and boys
Was out for tea with Isaac, Joy and jiejie Eunice yesterday...and then the subject of what kind of person we wanna marry came about. Jiejie asked Joy and then said that she should start making a criteria list...and then being the Joy that we know, she just tersengih-sengih only...hahaha...

But Jiejie said something after that, which I think is true about many girls...she said many girls, especially young ones (teenage girls) don't talk about such topics...maybe they think that it's "unholy" to talk about such stuff...or maybe they think they are "too young" to think about such things...or maybe they think that they'll be thought of as being "boy crazy"...

But really, young ladies...if you're honest enough with yourself, you know that you DO think about such stuff. You dream of a guy who'd hold you and just be there when you cry (and not one who'd hand you a hanky and tell you to shut up)...you'd want a guy to be romantic enough to sweep you off your feet...you'd want a guy who'd tell you that you look beautiful even in your ugliest and shabbiest pyjamas, when you have not brushed your teeth and when you hair's a total mess...

There is nothing wrong with dreaming about such things...I do dream, if you wanna know. But like jiejie Eunice said, be realistic. Guys are still humans...they make mistakes, they have their short-comings. Don't expect to marry Jesus...some things can be compromised, some cannot...

I'd wanna marry a man who's first and foremost a GODLY, committed Christian who's actively serving, and who'll lead the relationship and me, spiritually. Once I know he's godly, I don't have to worry about his attitudes and character and priorities because they'll all be in perspective...this part of my list CANNOT be compromised. Yeah, people say I'm fussy and this and that and whatnot...but seriously, why should I lower my standards?

Okie, there is no need for me to say anything else about my list...it's for me to know and for God to know, and NOT for you to find out until I finally meet that someone. =)

So ladies...start making your list today, and pray over it. And while waiting for him to walk into your life, allow God to shape you into the woman He's created you to be, all prepared for the one who's gonna take your hand in marriage, lead you and walk with you through life's journey...

* Sorry guys, today's post is dedicated to the ladies...I'll post something for you guys one day.

Post a Comment