And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
ESPlosion V
It was awesome...no other camps like this, I personally think.

Day 1 - 09 Dec
Set off to Port Dickson around 10am...arrived 1pm plus. The sea, it was beautiful. =) Paulus and I led the first worship session.

Pastor Victor and wife, Pastor Kelly spoke after worship...the whole session was filled with laughter. The stories Pastor Victor told...they were hilarious!!! It was good...

Day 2 - 10 Dec
Sessions got more serious, but the stories told were still funny...I love the way Ps.Victor and Ps.Kelly talk...they are SO open. They talked about sex. And I think what Ps.Victor said is very true...if parents are not educating their children about sex, the church has gotta do it. Who else will? The world would give false teachings about sex...

Caught up with stories from Tien Li and Michelle...very interesting. Very.

To Mich: May you never ever have to meet any psychopaths anymore...but I figure it's highly impossible. Hehe =P

Day 3 - 11 Dec
In the morning, Ps.Victor covered the topic about strongholds and sins in our lives...we wrote down our sins in a piece of paper.

Went for a walk along the beach with Merv after the workshop session in the afternoon. It was really good catching up and just talking, openly and honestly (about almost everything under the sun)...it's been ages since we both did this kind of thing. =)

To Merv: If you're reading this, good. =) I honestly think you've changed a fair bit...for the better, that is. Uni life must have matured you...hehe. But it's good. I have a new found respect for you, really...

At night, we watched a video clip on the crucifixion of Jesus...almost everyone, if not all, were reduced to tears. I cannot comprehend how God could sacrifice something He holds so dear to His heart, but what I caught was just a glimpse of His amazing love for us.

We took out our piece of paper with sins written on it and left them all at the foot of the cross in the middle of the room...it was a time so sacred (I don't even know if sacred is the right word or not), I can't even begin to describe it. You have to be there to know what I mean...

Day 4 - 12 Dec
Had a rather interesting start to the day...got a phone call from Isaac when I got out of the shower. He told me to go to room 1016. Now, room 1016 was a guys' room...and knowing the camp rules, girls are not allowed into guys' rooms and vice versa. But Isaac said, "Someone's having a mild heart attack."

And I panicked. I didn't even comb my hair properly...I rushed out of my apartment and headed for room 1016, all the while thinking through my CPR steps. I was literally shaking...gosh, I don't make a very good emergency nurse, do I...

When I finally reached the room, I expected to see people praying and standing around...but I found no one doing so. Instead, one guy peeked out at me and said, "Medic?" (very calmly) and I said, "Yeah." "In that room."

Into the room I went...and I saw this guy seated at the edge of his bed, breathing at a rather normal pace, but heavily. So I asked what happened...and one guy said, "Asthma attack."

And I was thinking...riiiiiiiiiiight. Now who said it was a mild HEART ATTACK???

So anyways, I stayed with the guy till he was better after some medication. Then we headed for the session...I didn't have breakfast.

Camp ended with a reminder for us to remain in holiness and keep ourselves pure...had lunch, and then we waited for the buses from Kluang to come. Gosh, they came so late...


...........................................................

It has been a good four days away for me...relationships have been restored (people whom I hold dear in my life...I've found a new and refreshing start to our relationship), I've made a vow to abstain from sex until the day I get married. The most precious thing to me is my salvation...the next most precious thing to me is my virginity (and I'm not ashamed to say this...I will stand up for what I believe).

And I've learnt that holiness is not being a goody-two-shoes...nor dressing up like you need to cover everything from head to toe. Ps.Victor said something I really like: You can be cool...you can be classy...you can be funny...you can wear branded clothes...you can wear make-up...and still be holy. Holiness means RADICAL OBEDIENCE...

May I remember that for the rest of my life...and not only remember, but to put it into practice.

P/S: Pictures will be up soon...

Post a Comment