And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, November 26, 2006
Overwhelmed
WARNING: LOOOOOOONG POST AHEAD!

I am so tired'ed. Was in church since 8.45am till 6.30pm today...it's like, almost ten hours!! Wooolah!

Anyways, I had a great week...a reallyreallyreally busy BUT great week.

Monday - work 8am-4pm at the operating theatre (OT)
Tuesday - work 8am-4pm
Wednesday - work 8am-4pm, discipleship group (DG) 7pm-9pm
Thursday - work 8am-4pm, meeting with CG leaders 6.30pm-10pm
Friday - work 8am-4pm, balik kampung to Kluang...Mum was alone (Dad was away in Miri, my sisters at camp)
Saturday - sweep and mop kitchen floor, fetched Doulos team, back to S'pore for band practice 7pm
Sunday (today) - church service, CG, extended worship session, Christmas at the block (C@TB) band practice

..........................................................................

It wasn't only a busy week...it was a week full of lessons as well...

QUIET TIME
Am being reminded again about this basic truth...QT is extremely vital and essential for all Christians...if you don't spend time with God, how would you get to know Him better? Knowing His WORKS/ACTS and knowing His WAYS are two totally different things...

It would be a sad thing to know about God but never really know Him.

NOT FIT FOR A KING?
Wednesday at DG, we were doing a lesson on finding your self worth...the sermon in church today was about connecting with God when feeling insecure...is God saying something? Definitely.

I sometimes get so sick and tired of people's comments on me looking older than my age, the "auntie" remarks and all that...I know they may be kiddin' and just playin' around, but it does get to me at times. I don't hold a grudge, but yeah, those comments do cut at times...

I don't even know why I bother, actually...I do at times, feel insecure, I'm not good enough, I should be "something more", someone prettier, someone with higher standards, someone with a better heart, comparing myself with others, doubting my abilities...

But really...so what if I'm not that tall...so what if my eyes are so small that when I smile they disappear...so what if people don't like the way I look...or the way I dress.

Who cares...I am the daughter of a King, my God. He likes me. I live to impress no one, to please no one.

I am fit for a King.

BAND PRACTICES ARE FUN(NY)
Yeaps. Caleb is super duper blur...even today, when we were already up at our instruments for worship, he had to ask me what our first song was (!!!!!).

But yeah, band practice was really funny yesterday...if you ask me now what was so funny, I can't remember...hahahaha. =P But I just remember it being filled with laughter lah...

Oh I just realized that I'm the only girl in the C@TB band...haha, well I'm used to it.

I enjoy serving with these people. =)

GOD CALLS ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE
CG today was awesome...the newest member of our CG was sharing about how God has been providing for him ever since he was released from prison...yes, he's an ex-convict but I tell you, his story is so encouraging.

He shared about God's abundant provision for him, since his family doesn't want to support him now...how some days he wouldn't even have enough money for food and transport but God would bring someone on the way and bless him with enough for his needs. And next year he'll be continuing his high school, and he's been provided with a sponsor for his books, uniform, fees...

He also shared about how God used him when he was in prison (he became a believer while in prison).

As I sat there listening to him, my seemingly big problems suddenly became nothing compared to his...it's like, gosh!! I've been so self-centered all this while! There are people out there who have much more troubles which are so real, and yet they trust God...

If you wanna meet a really humble person, this is the guy for you.

WORSHIP
Sam talked about worship today, during the extended worship session.

My attitude in worship should be one of IMMEDIATE and COMPLETE obedience...and sacrifice. No doubt, a struggle at times...but I should be doing the right thing even when I don't feel like it...

SYNCOPATION
I am so bad at syncopated notes. Syncopated Notes! SYNCOPATED NOTES!!! Gaaaaaaahhh!

But it's funny how I really like syncopated rythm...hmmm. Well, playing and listening are two different things altogether, I guess...

I'm a comparatively slow learner when it comes to coordination...I can choreograph and teach dance steps and come up with rythms...but I learn SLOW. As in, learning the "ready made" ones. You know what I mean?

..........................................................................

So there...now you know why we have a very tired Lydia here...and don't think that learning many lessons isn't tiring...

But what a fulfilling week. =)

* Lord, You overwhelm me...I will never be able to put into words the magnitude of Your awesomeness and faithfulness. How can I not praise You? If I cease to praise You, the rocks will soon cry out...

An amazing post Ly!  

_____________________

I echo that! Amazing how you can write SO well when you're tired. Is that a gift or what? =P  

_____________________

Haha...a gift? I guess I was just so excited about my lessons learnt that I wrote and wrote and wrote.

Hehe...

Umm I mean, type and type and type.  

_____________________

i get encouraged everytime i read your blog ly!and one more thing...CHRISTMAS SOON!! :D yes, i'm excited about it hehehe  

_____________________

Yes CHRISTMASSSSSS!!! =D Thanks, Mich...  

_____________________

Post a Comment