And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Saturday, November 18, 2006
For this season...
Someone recently asked me, if nursing is my passion...wanna know the truth? Well, nursing is NOT my passion. I am telling you the truth...I have never thought I'd ever be a nurse.

So what's my passion? This:

I love making cards...I love making backdrops for functions...I love doing decorations...I love making things with my hands...I love colours...I love dancing...I love playing the piano...

Yeaps, LOVE is the word. These are my passion...I know, so artsy. I remember wanting to be a fashion designer once...then I wanted to do interior designing. And then I wanted to be a wedding planner (that was for a short while lah...I know, it's funny. You may now laugh for a minute).

And you're asking, "So why join nursing?"

I have only one answer for you. It's simple...this is where God wants me to be for this season, though I know not how long this season would last. And I have no doubt about it...I do doubt, though, if I will ever be like one of those really competent nurses, knowing exactly what to do in an emergency, having all health knowledge at the tip of the fingers...

But I love serving my patients. And it's really rewarding when my patients say a simple thank you, when they show some sort of appreciation, when they smile to express the words they can't find...

If you were to ask me now, "What if you were to do it all over again...would you still have chosen nursing?"

Again, my answer is simple...YES. I have no whatsoever regrets at all...I would still have chosen this path. I have seen God's faithfulness throughout, and without a shadow of doubt, I know that He will see me through this season, to the very end...and for ALL the seasons to come.

My God is a faithful God. =)

Post a Comment