And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
same same
My life is still very much the same Chinese serial drama...it really is so like it, man. You know, with all the twists and turns, how the good suddenly becomes bad and everyone cannot trust anyone anymore? Yeah, it's like that...

Apart from that, well...I'm on attachment now at the mental hospital. I have to say that it is totally different from the usual wards. IT IS SO CRAZY!!! I hope for only two things: Firstly, that at the end of this two weeks I'll still remain in ONE piece (because I'm in a male ward where aggression and violence are pretty normal), and secondly, I won't become mentally absurd.

Meet a few people in my ward (no names will be mentioned for privacy sake):

Mr. God
...some patients refer to him as god because he's always hogging the newspapers - reading it for HOURS then laughing and commenting to the voices/people that only he hears/see - and they think that he thinks he's god because he does that.

Mr. Pork Chop
...okie that's the name I use when referring to him...that was his obsession yesterday. Today's obsession was socks and shoes and he kept shouting "My father don't like you!" to me, in his loud booming voice. When he first shouted at me yesterday, I almost jumped out of my skin. Here's what happened: Another patient's relative had come and brought food for him > Mr. Pork Chop saw and was jealous > Mr. Pork Chop kept repeating after that, that he wanted pork chop > Nurses said that there isn't any pork chop > Mr. Pork Chop pulled a long face and kept making known his deep craving for pork chop > Mr. Pork Chop turned to Ms. Lydia Tang and shouted, "Sa Po!!!" at her (she doesn't even know what that means...must be some dialect or is it Mandarin??) > Mr. Pork Chop walked around the ward still expressing his desire for pork chop > Mr. Pork Chop with an extremely angry face, stands two metres away from Ms. Lydia and took off his shirt and flung it in her direction, which swept through her hair, slightly missing her face > Ms. Lydia got a fright > The End. Haha...

Mr. President...yups. He thinks he's the mightiest and greatest, he thinks he's the president. But well, grandiosity is one symptom of his mental illness lah...it's real funny, though. =P

Mr. Masturbator
...okie 18SX!!! Children and teenagers under 18 shouldn't read!! This chap here...he keeps sticking one hand into his pants all the time, sometimes both hands. I won't mention further of the thing he does...it's disgusting, I know...

Mr. Boss
...he is soooooo bossy and loves directing people around, what to do and what not to do. It got so bad today and I was irritated. Sheesh.

Mr. Smarty-Pants
...sigh. This guy...I don't know what to say lah. He's apparently a very techie person...all he talks about is the internet, the police, and how everyone is crazy except him, blah blah blah. He makes me sit down next to him and talks non-stop. I mean, NON-STOP!! Gosh.

There are others, but I shan't say anymore. The only sane peeple in the ward are three other nursing students and the present but absent staff nurses (if you get what I mean)...I thought my head was about to burst this morning, being surrounded by so many mentally ill people. It's like, people around you are just walking around, doing NOTHING the WHOLE DAY!!! It's insane...I cannot tahan. It is sad lah, I have to admit...but this kind of environment, hmmm...it's just not for me to work in. Plus, all we do is play and talk and play and talk with them. That's it! Aiyoyoh, not for me lah...

3.00pm, 09 February 2007, please come quick. I need to get out of this mental hospital.

sa po means crazy lady in chinese.  

_____________________

ayo..terrible.it'll be over soon!!
hehe..just realized, i study crazy ppl in theory and nurses KNOW what crazy ppl are like..  

_____________________

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

_____________________

Cheng Yee: Thanks!

Mich: Yeah man, it's crazy...when you see me, please assure me that my sanity is still there. Haha.  

_____________________

ehehehe~ ly.. ur study life is really interesting... i bet u'll rmb this atttachment for life.. ^^
that pork chop is...!@!#$@%#$^
ekekekekke~~~ >.<
i hope u won't go insane after these two weeks.. bless u~~ ^^  

_____________________

Post a Comment