And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, January 14, 2007
Flood or not, still You're God
I don't know why...but I'm quite affected by the flood. I'm feeling sad and rather helpless...apart from praying for the victims and donating in kind/cash, I don't think I can do much...

Dad and Mum brought us around Kluang in the pick-up truck yesterday to see the flood..."to know what suffering means", Mum says. The flood did not affect me nor my family members in any physical way (we are fine; our house is on a hill)... in fact, I don't even know any of my friends who are affected by it physically. Yet, I feel something well up within me every time I think about the flood...

Some people may attribute the cause of the flood to our government, our drainage system, etc. True...I will not deny it. We really could do with much, much better drainage system...but the issue here and now is not about our government. If you have not personally seen the flood, you might not be able to fully understand nor grasp the impact it has on the flood victims.

It hasn't even been a month since the last flood, especially in Johore...I've seen the aftermath of it in December, in Muar. It was bad...I can't even begin to think how much those poor people have lost. Most importantly, how they are coping emotionally...and if you don't know yet, most of them are not very well-to-do with big families.

It's not that I'm questioning God why this has to happen...God is still God, and nothing can reduce nor erase that fact. Of this, I'm sure...I'm just affected lah. Maybe I'm beginning to understand what being compassionate truly means...

Hi Ly,

:( I know what you mean. I haven't seen the floodwaters, but just reading the names of the areas/roads (esp those in Kluang) that are flooded affects me too.

Btw, meet up some time? Lemme know.  

_____________________

i want to see the floodwaters. i want to see what they're really talking about.
newspapers aren't good enough, really.
duno y.
i just wanna dip my feet in the waters to feel the reality of it.  

_____________________

Tien: Yeap, meet up we shall. =)

David: Dip your feet in the waters? We took a few pictures of the flood...maybe seeing those we took would be different from seeing them in the papers. Haha.  

_____________________

well. it just feels kinda surreal when i'm not there you know?

wanna go swim swim.  

_____________________

Good post.  

_____________________

Post a Comment