And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, March 04, 2007
Well, what d'you know...
I witnessed something really appalling just yesterday...I was at a friend's birthday party and after eating, a group of us were in a room playing card games. Then this lady with her child of about one year-old walked in...her child needed a change of diaper.

So well, we made way for her and she laid her child on the bed...my friend's sister happened to be there as well, attending to her own child, and she asked the lady if she had extra diaper. The lady said no...so my friend's sister gave her one. Then she asked if the lady knew how to clean her child and change diapers...her shocking answer? "No".

My eyes suddenly grew wider...I was sitting there on the bed next to the baby, and I couldn't believe that her VERY OWN MOTHER couldn't clean her up nor put the diapers on for her. I mean...where were you in the past one year, woman??? This is your own child and you don't even know how to care for her basic needs.....

Apparently, the lady's mother has been doing it all this while...gosh...why then have the child when she knew she wouldn't be able to handle? And why didn't she bother learning the basic task of taking care of her child when she knew she was going to have it? I honestly don't get it...it's as simple as making the TIME and EFFORT.

I do think that
people these days are so into themselves...they care less about what goes on around them. Or rather, they choose not to care at all. But having said that, well...maybe the lady has a valid reason. Only God knows...

Post a Comment