And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Tuesday, December 30, 2008
letting Putri go
I only wish I had spent more time playing with her before I left S'pore for my long leave...sigh. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, to make her laugh one more time, to tell her one last time that I love her. But how could I have known?

She was the only patient to call me by my name...and she's only two and a half years-old. She could remember every one of the nurses' names in my ward (and we have 40 over staff), and even some of the doctors. How can you not be touched or affected by a little girl who so affectionately calls you by name, asking you to "come here"?

And tomorrow I'm going to walk into the ward with no Putri there. She has always been there (she's never went home since birth), sometimes even for us to complain to. I was already missing her cheeky smile and laughter earlier last week, confident that she would still remember me after my absence for more than a week in the ward...she has an amazing memory and what's more amazing is her vocabulary.

I feel like I have so much to say but I don't even know where to begin...she was like one of us in the ward. I'm only grateful that I have many fond memories and pictures to remember her by. She loved taking pictures and often she would say, "Take picture...say cheese!"

*Thank you to my sisters and Merv for understanding and allowing me to grieve the loss of my long-term patient...and for allowing me to be a little human when we all know that I shouldn't have gotten so attached to Putri in the first place. It really means a lot when you just held me while I cried after receiving the news*

its really sad that such a young girl had to die at such a young age when she has never even stepped into her home before. im sorry for the lost of a precious life, one that meant so much to you.

but remember that God is grieving with you too, and maybe even more. because while you were like a 'care taker' to her, God was her creator. so, remember that you're not alone, even in a time of grieving.  

_____________________

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're alright :)  

_____________________

Post a Comment