And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Thursday, July 13, 2006
Malaysia IS safe (read that right)
I met up with a friend just the other day. It was pleasant......until we got to the part where my friend asked, "Aren't you afraid everytime you go back to Malaysia?"

And I was thinking, "WHAT??!??!"

That's it. I've had enough of it. It's getting on my nerves already.

Many people in this particular country, apparently, think that Malaysia isn't safe (and I know my friend was implying it)...and do you know why they think so? Because of the news they hear about our country...rape, murder, robbery, theft, accidents, terrorism. Yah.

I'm sorry, but to me, it sounds totally ridiculous...just because you hear about such stories in the news, it doesn't mean that it's like that EVERYWHERE in Malaysia. And it doesn't give you the license to label Malaysia "NOT SAFE". What makes you think your country is so safe? I won't deny the fact that such things are more rampant these days...we are after all living in a perverse and wicked world...and it's not getting any better.

But please...don't tell me where I live and grew up isn't safe (no where in the world is safe, anyway). Because otherwise, you wouldn't be seeing me anymore, since I go back to Kluang so very often...

Sheesh.

Think twice if you're gonna ask me such silly questions again. I happen to love the place where I come from...and I happen to be a li'l more patriotic than you think. Because I'm Malaysian. A proud one, that is. All the more reason for me to go back as often as I can afford the time (and if you've got a problem with that, I shall have nothing to say. It is, after all, your problem).

*Some people think Kluang is such an ulu place...sure, it isn't all that exciting. But it so happens that the people are. It doesn't offer much entertainment...but the people bring joy. It isn't such an interesting place, really, if you've been to bigger cities...but it IS home.

Post a Comment