And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Thursday, July 24, 2008
yesterday
Yesterday I chased after and got up a bus that wasn't mine.

You see, I have to switch buses when going and coming back from work...so last night, just as I was getting down the 1st bus, I thought I saw the 2nd bus coming (at the bus stop across the road) and I thought, okay great! I'd just walk really really fast, cross the road and catch that bus 55 so that I wouldn't have to wait another 15-20 minutes till the next bus 55 comes.

So I walked really really fast and half-jogged across the road...and in my uniform (the dress, not the pants, mind you). I barely got there when the bus was almost going off, but the bus driver saw me waving slightly madly (haha) and so he stopped. Confidently, I got up the bus, sat down, and happily congratulated myself for catching the bus without any huge embarrassment (because in all my 4 years of living in S'pore, I've never chased after a bus before).

And then before I could catch my next breath, the bus turns left instead of to the right...and I was like, ohhh...SHUCKS. I got up the wrong bus. So nevermind, I rang the bell and got off at the next stop and walked 10 minutes to the bus interchange (well, I didn't want to embarrass myself by going back to the 1st bus stop, did I? I was wearing my uniform...and people remember people in uniforms).

So much for wanting to get home earlier. Hah. No wonder I've never chased buses.

The lesson here for me is this: Stick to NOT chasing buses.

And yesterday...I passed by someone who smelled like you. Sigh.

Post a Comment