And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
This, I know...
Stupid lah. I hate falling sick. I worry myself, and I worry people. Had to take mc today, so I didn't get to meet the kids... =( I kinda miss them, actually. Especially my favourite one (the poor child's a long term patient...been in the ward for almost a year).

Now I know how high fever feels. My temperature spiked up to as high as 39.3 degrees Celcius yesterday. My face was burning, my eyes were blurry, I was so flushed that Chin Fang thought I had a sun-burn, my head was heavy. And I was shaking and shivering, like how the Osim iPamper (haha) shakes...

I will never, ever in my life would want to experience that again. Once is enough.

Okie, so I was talking about the kids...I'm working in a high dependency (HD) ward. If you don't know what that means, it just means that the patients there are more sick than kids in the general wards, but not as sick as those in the intensive care unit (ICU). So yeah...

I'm actually not feeling depressed when I see those sick kids...it's not that I don't have compassion or am so keras hati or what. It's just that I know I am in that particular ward for a reason...I'm quite enjoying myself, actually. It really warms my heart when a crying child keeps quiet when I try to soothe him/her...Mum's right (since when was she not? =P); singing to an upset child will capture their attention. And so I sing songs =)

Just the other day I was reminded that every one of us, our lives are in the hands of an Almighty God.

"Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands" Isaiah 49:15, 16

I have no business questioning God why these children have to suffer...He has inscribed them in the palms of His hands. Surely He knows what He's doing. My duty is to nurse them and be someone they can count on to brighten their day. That's it.

You sing to the kids? Amazing! :D

Great post!  

_____________________

i'm sick too.
i blame ryan.
:P  

_____________________

Haha I blame Ryan, too. =P  

_____________________

For what??!!?  

_____________________

Post a Comment