And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Thursday, July 31, 2008
Life's like that
I was at work the other day when I was reminded of something Mum said some time ago. Well, someone had asked me to do something for another person and I reluctantly agreed to do so.

But as I was going to carry out the favour asked of me, I found myself mumbling and grumbling to myself...as soon as I realized what I was doing, Mum's words came to me: "If you ever agree to help someone out, you should not complain. Just do it graciously, no grumble mumble."

And I thought yea, how true...whether I had reluctantly agreed or willingly agreed, I still had agreed to help. I felt a little lousy after that because I had portrayed, although for a brief moment, a lousy attitude.

Sigh, there's still so much more to learn in life...but that's life, isn't it?

Post a Comment