And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
More than just this...
My keyboard and mouse are both going crazy...they didn't want to function properly yesterday. And today...the mouse is just not it's normal self. It's crazy...maybe it ate some cheese................

I'm going in to Singapore today and coming back to Kluang tomorrow...my class is having a BBQ. And my friends are practically begging me to go back for it...hahahaha. They are begging for my presence!!! =P

I was helping Mum out at Sunday School on Sunday...and there is this thing called "Power Point" review every week (it's actually scripture memory review...kids are given a memory verse and if they can memorise and recite it, they get a reward). So there was this little four-year-old boy...the cutest I've ever met...he was reciting the whole verse into the mic. You should have seen him!!! He's really, REALLY cute! And when he was done, all the other kids cheered for him...I could have cried..............


Sometimes I wonder if children's ministry is for me...if I'm cut out for it. It isn't an easy one...but I know it is ver
y rewarding when you see them all grown up and going in the way which they've been directed in. Children have such simplicity and faith...

And what about youth ministry? I've been thinking and praying about it, too...it is definitely tougher dealing with teenagers...and like what Jit said the other day, they really suck out your money and time and energy and food out of your fridge. But nonetheless, rewarding...


And what about ministry for the sick?
Which I've been trained for, skill-wise...but I sometimes think that I won't be able to take it, seeing people pass on, after you've built relationship with them. It pulls at your heart-strings...

And then there's missions, too...I know that there's GREAT need out there where healthcare (and more than just healthcare needs) is much, much needed. But is that my calling?


Sometimes I wish God would just speak into a loud-speaker and tell me where He wants me to be...but that doesn't require faith. At all. So, I'm gonna sit and be still and know that He is God...and discover my passion and calling and then go for it.


* Help me, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you all the best in finding God's calling and your passion. May whatever you decide be in His will, and may you be excellent at it!!

From someone who believes he has found his calling, but who also just cannot stand uncertainty.  

_____________________

Well, Ryan...it is uncertainty that makes us take the step of faith needed in trusting that God has perfect plans for us all.

Believe me, I can't stand uncertainty either...maybe even more than other people.

You're not alone =)  

_____________________

You're absolutely right! The beauty of life lies greatly in the fact that you DON'T know what is going to happen. Once you know what's going to happen the elements of faith and hope are removed from the equation. Like watching a movie you already know the end to. Yes, uncertainty does drive me crazy, but i couldn't live the same without it! It makes life exciting!!

And, it's good to know i'm not alone! :D  

_____________________

Post a Comment