And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Monday, October 02, 2006
Surviving life
It's always easier to pretend...but then again, you're living in a REAL world; you can't pretend for long. You can't pretend that everything's alright in your life when in actual fact, life seem to be placing you in difficult and trying circumstances...

I had a horrible day...woke up and got the most discouraging sms...then I failed my skill assessment. AGAIN. This has never happened before...I'm tempted to think that certain lecturers find great pleasure in failing students...particularly one lecturer. So much so that the other lecturers in the same room as her find it pressurising if they don't fail at least one student.

So I happen to have learnt the skill another way...and the assesser expects me to perform HER way, the way SHE taught her students.

It was horrifying...she told me where I went wrong. I tried rationalising with her, but she wouldn't accept...so I shut up. And I think it isn't really fair that I blame the lecturer for my failure. It just happened.

I could lie in bed crying myself to sleep, complaining to God how sad things are...but, no. Ly is tougher than that...not fiercely tough, but in her own quiet ways. And she's done with crying, anyway...time to move on.

"Don't try to figure out what God's teaching you by this, don't try to understand it, and don't try to understand God. If He could fit into your idea of Him, He'd be too small for any of us."

hey ly, where'd you get that quote? it's really good!! i could have used that if i'd heard it before saturday!  

_____________________

I was finishing the last book of the Redemptionn Series last night...it's in there. And it came to mind today. Coincidence? I don't think so... =)  

_____________________

No, I don't think it's a coincidence. Guess what? Pastor Richard also touched on something like that this Tuesday at prayer!  

_____________________

Post a Comment