And you say...

* the loveLY. the ugLY.....

Sunday, September 10, 2006
Reflections...
I had a pretty relaxing weekend...it was GREAT getting up from my beauty sleep at 11am plus on Saturday morning. =) Had lunch then did the laundry...lazed around, finished reading a book, took a shower.

Went to church for Team Time (that's when the whole music/worship ministry - my church in Singapore - gets together for a time of worship and Bible study, once a month) in the evening...was rather good. Reflective...and something I just needed to hear.

I did some self-reflection...I think I have changed a little in some ways, since the beginning of the year...

- For one, I know it very well that I'm getting better at my jokes...okie I know Isaac's gonna say something about this and laugh real hard. Haha...but really...I used to worry about all my tomorrows. Now, I'm enjoying and taking each day one at a time, telling five jokes or more on the way...hahahhaha...something good I learnt from someone (the person may not know this).

A perfect example of my lame jokes:

Male friend (MF): Wah, not bad...you can walk for quite long, eh?
Me: Why, of course! What do you think God gave me legs for?
MF: Haha...to put lotion and stuff on??
Me: Nah...that's to make them look nice and pretty when I walk!!!

- I'm also slowing down...on purpose, that is. Before I came to Singapore, I was slow. As in, doing things and stuff...Mum tells me I'm so meticulous that it slows me down especially when I'm cooking. She said coming to Singapore would hasten me up. Haha...she was right. But sometimes I think it makes me become impatient...so I'm PURPOSELY slowing down now...smelling the flowers on the way (what flowers??), admiring the scenic surroundings (hutan batu, that is. Translated: concrete jungle) ...taking in deep breaths of fresh air (umm...more like, polluted). Yupperdoodadoo...I'm slowing down (sorry, Mummy...I'm back to being slow). =)

- I'm more assertive...I don't allow people to climb over my head too much. But still learning...hehe.

- I've become more straight forward...I used to beat around the bush A WHOLE LOT (a particular someone got real annoyed about it). Not so much now...but I'm not all THAT straight forward lah...must have tact, mar...


Right now...I'm working on other areas. You and I wish I was perfect, but no, me ain't perfecto. God is not finished with me yet...

* God...I wanna be single-minded. I need spiritual discipline!!! Teach me, please.

Post a Comment